Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wine Gardening

Malbec is the new merlot (or cabernet sauvignon)


A bottle of wine and a gardening activity — there are other variables that can be introduced, but basic wine gardening at its core is simple.

Anyone can enjoy wine gardening.

You don’t need a wine cellar or even a garden.

You can enjoy wine gardening in your apartment or house, on a small balcony or on a large patio, in large yard or with small containers, outdoors on a beautiful summer afternoon or inside on a dreary winter day.

I’m not a master gardener and I’m not a wine conossieur but I know what I like.

Everything I’ve learned that I like has been through trial and error. And from the experiences and recommendations of other wine gardeners

Here are a few things I'm doing right now:

Malbec and dark chocolate

I’ve heard is said that Malbec is the new Merlot. Five years ago it was hard to find a bottle of Malbec in my area, but now I can find a good selection at my local convenience or drug store. One of my favorites right now is Trapiche. If you like a red wine that’s on the dry side, it’s really good with a brick of dark chocolate – and it’s reasonably priced, between 8 and 10 dollars for a bottle.

I’m also planting bulbs.


Regardless of the weather or your gardening space, bulbs are a good spring gardening activity.

Are you a wine gardener?

What wine gardening activities are you enjoying right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment